Thank you very much for your submissions to the Symposium! Abstract submission is now closed. We have received over 270 abstracts and are now reviewing the submissions. Authors will be notified by January 14, 2013.
Abstracts will be reviewed by a panel of experts, selected by the Program Chair, according to two primary categories: 1) Motivation/Significance, and 2) Abstract Format/Style/Organization:
- Description of problem(s) is/are clear.
- The scientific and/or clinical significance is stated
- The research is appropriate for the Symposium
- The research is original and contributes to the field as a whole
- The abstract is clearly organized and follows the template provided below (page length, font, etc.)
Authors should review the sample abstract and abstract instructions below. Abstracts will be assigned for either podium or poster presentation based on the fit of the abstract to planned sessions (topic area), number of podium presentations possible for each general/special session, and the number of submissions from any given group research group.
Abstracts should be submitted in pdf format only, and should be formatted to a length of 2 pages or less, with two columns per page. Abstracts should include the following sections: Title, Authors, Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, Acknowledgments, References. The following links provide instructions for preparation of the extended abstract, a template for Microsoft Word, and an example abstract: